Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The American Dream

Is not dead ....It just has been hijacked!

Rig an election

Gentle Reader,

For the next few weeks, I have decided to wade in on our Political scene, So for the time being we will suspend the study on the ‘Gospel of Judas" The first thing you need to know is where I am coming from. So here is a brief background I am a conservative Evangelical. I majored in Government/Political and Economics and History in College. My undergraduate degree was with a Bachelors of Science in what was then called a Social Area major with more than 100 semester credit hours  or 90% of my studies in those subjects with the intent of finishing law school and intending to go on to become a Constitutional Lawyer. (I never made it,  God had other ideals).

I have tried to keep quiet about the recent events however I believe that this election will be a defining moment in this Nations History. So what you can expect from me is as much as lies within me a honest appraisal of this that I observe. I do not plan to take cheap shots at either major Party. For in truth this is more than just an Political Election and if you wish to vote for a Party that certainly is your right. So if I offend your donkey or elephant I do so with love of this Great Country.

Here the rules I will go by. I am neither a wild eyed liberal nut case nor a Radical rightist I am an American Citizen with the same rights that you have (more or less). I am not partisan I will tell you as much truth as you can handle,  if you believe me then pass these facts on if you don’t then show me where I am wrong and if you are factual enough and convincing enough then I will change my position and thank you for it.

First of all let me say it not a matter of Right or Left it is a matter of Right and Wrong. So let’s start with some of my considered suggestions as to how to turn our Economy around.

Our Elected officials are called "public servants" that is they are to serve the public trust. If we can’t trust a public leader then they should not be in Public Office.  If we need to sacrifice, then they should also, (and are subject to the same laws [rule of Law] as you and me. So since our constitution has be abrogated by the present administration (The George W. Bush Administration) We the people need to take back our "rights" that have been "stolen" from us. We need transparency in our Government.

Why is it that the Vice President and administration officials(e.g. Karl Rove et al) get to ignore the "Rule of Law" To ignore legal Congressional Subpoena and ignore our official law making body? Can you do this? We need someone (not to blame) but to be accountable!

Who else has decided that Subpoenas are like Trix (for kids) Why Gentle reader the potential Vice Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party (and her husband) Is this the transparency that you want?

Why doesn’t Congress vote to suspend all their salaries for one fiscal year? So they may get in touch with what your going through?

How about the gas, or milk or bread that you are paying more for than you ever have?

Let’s put our devalued American dollar back on the Gold Standard (each dollar has an equal value in Gold) Everyone gains in this way. And our trade deficit becomes less and we own more  not less.

Let’s hold these high priced C.E.O.’s to return they "Golden parachute" the millions of dollars in bonuses they took from the stockholders while the stockholders lost millions in their savings.

It’s time Gentle Reader to take our country back would you not agree?

More later,

Love,

lecture_hall

 The jury is still out!

Denis

 

No comments: