Sunday, June 04, 2006

Essential Christianity

Greetings my Brothers and sisters in Christ,

My family comes from Mallow but I live now in the USA having taught the Grace message of the Apostle Paul as committed to Timothy in 2 Tim 2:2 "And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.. ". God called me to this ministry of the reconciliation over 30 years ago. I am so please to find your fellowship in Cork. I will pray for your fellowship in the spirit of Romans 1:9 "For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of his Son, how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers"

Oh, Grace of Grace,
Oh, Gift of Gifts,
That God should condescend,
To make my heart His dwelling place,
And be my bosom Friend.

Grace to you,
Denis

3 Basic principles in understanding your Bible

1. 1st Principle in Bible study That is [Check it out for yourself] Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15

I almost forgot that you need to understand this basic principle (almost goes without saying, but we have a few folks who join us for coffee who don't have a clue. So here is the basics "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, [ Teaching for what is true] for reproof, [convicting for what is false] for correction, [for what is wrong] for instruction in righteousness, "[instruction for what is right] II Timothy 3:16 And the Bible teaches that this is for believers only "that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
II Timothy 3: 16-17

Now Remember Gentle reader, I shared with you the basic principle From 2 Timothy 2:15 {My translation from the Greek "You, Yourself Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing (or handling accurately )the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15

2) Your second principle is to be found in Philippians 1:10 "that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ," To use Principle 1 you have to That ye may approve things that are excellent.
Or "try things that differ". There are some things that differ one from other; as morality and grace, earthly things, and heavenly things, carnal and spiritual, temporal and eternal things, law and Gospel, the doctrines of men, and the doctrines of Christ; all which differ.

So many assume that just because things "appear to be the same, they are" So many people don't look closely enough to see the differences. Miles Cloverdale once said

"It shall greatly help your understanding Scripture If you note:
Not only what is spoken but written,
But of whom, And to Whom,
With what words,
At what time, Where,
To what intent,
With what circumstances,
Considering what goes before and what follows."

Which brings me the the 3rd principle of studying your Bible "Hold fast the form of SOUND words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus." Look at the words! what do they mean? What do they say? is there something I should be doing? Something to avoid? Something to stand for?

"For the time will come when they will not endure SOUND doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Timothy

Remember Mr. Smith goes to Washington The more things change the more things stay the same Gentle reader! Let's take back our Christianity!

"God does not do His Deepest work in our shallowest part"

No comments: