Sunday, November 04, 2007

Reason # 8 Stay away from...

denominations

Which Church is right and which is wrong?

"What if everyone got kicked out of his denomination once a year? Then everyone would have to ask himself, "Do I believe the Bible teaches this because I'm an Epiptopresbymethobaptopalian... or am I an Epiptopresbymethobaptopalian because I believe the Bible teaches this?" And some denominations would die (—and good riddance!), and some stalled people would get growing seriously?"




Gentle Reader,

Some have ask what gives me the right (since I claim to be a Christian) to criticize religion and Churches in general and Christianity in particular. And rightly so, do some ask how can I do this seemly "terrible' thing when what we need in more religion not less and words that I wouldn’t repeat in a bar room brawl!

To begin with I have a PhD. degree in Ancient Biblical Philology (languages) one of only a handful in America. I also have a Th. D. which is a Doctorate in Theology and a D.D. Doctorate of Divinity I have several degrees in Education at the college level and have spent the past, (do I have to really tell you how long I have been teaching, preaching and studying?) Well lets just say more years than most of my readers have been alive. I have preached and taught in countries all over the world. From small group bible studies to large Bible conferences, teaching people from University professors to grade school children. I have spoken in all types of Churches from Pentecostal to Baptist from Catholic conferences to Methodist to Church of Ireland and Anglican English church as well as more American churches than there are states and stars and stripes on your flag. My book, "Which Church"? is the result of this massive research project covering more than that little store front Bible or home fellowships. So once again let me state for the record I am a Christian (but not just any Christian , I am a child of the Most High God, creator of heaven and earth. He wrote us (all true spiritual seekers of truth) a love letter, to which I have devoted more time than you have spent flipping the remote on your television. A life time seeking the "TRUTH of the truth" These are my top reasons for seeing that religion is a waste and what we have today in what we call American churches is a sham and a disgrace (Not all churches and not every person) But for the purpose of making my top 10 certain characteristics are paramount. My next reason to stay away from church is a biggie. I call it denominations. Each group, or church or denomination, (with the exception of the Roman Catholic Church, who allow a hierarchy of men -no women to tell everyone else what to believe) decides what they believe, and what makes one a follower of Christ by whether or not one ascribes to their particular set of doctrines and some even go so far as to demand certain rituals and mental ascent and many demand that you subscribe to all of their rules "without mental reservation" ("leave your brain and reason at the door please"). So when for example you join one church if you have not been properly introduced to whatever teaching they believe in it just doesn’t count!

#8 Denominationalism Gentle reader, is the reason that I don’t fit in to your "normal" church I refuse to bow or bend to a group that has already decided what I can believe or and has all the answers about God! You may of course and you should join with others who give you a sense of comfort. But (there is always a but) Never allow someone to squeeze you into their mold ["I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable serviceAnd do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:1,2]. I leave you with this one question "How can you join a family that you have been born into"?



If you stay away from the organized church you might find the "real" body of Christ
truth is out there

"The truth is out there"

Denis

No comments: