Wednesday, July 19, 2006

An open letter


Brethren,
God has called me to do 2 things to teach [sola scriptura] and preach [verse by verse] and to do that I need to do 2 things study and pray. I also like to bring others into a relationship with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. I spend my ministry with not only the adults but the forgotten members of the fellowship {Pastors Pals ages toddler to 12 years} [And seniors too!] We have a time of fellowship before we feed the "big people" ! I also spend time with the teens (after all their next in line for your place in the pew).

In other words beloved of God, according to 2 Tim 2:2 "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." is my Fathers' guidance to me. I have no doubt that you will find the man you want. as for me I am just One beggar showing another beggar where to find bread.

I have been looking to a place to share what God has been gracious to teach me. Much has been through the study of His most Holy Word. Much has been through the experiences of life's lessons. Perhaps you might want to consider choosing a person such as I to become your Shepherd . I am not currently in the Pastorate although I shepherd 7000+ men, women, boys and girls through an internet column called Dr Denis journal http://drcallahan.bravejournal.com A daily devotional consisting of Christian humor, stories, and teaching the Grace of God through life principals.

I'm not interested in what salary you could pay only that I obey God in the direction that He has appointed me. My only restriction for your church if indeed you are looking for a principal (Pastor) is that I be allow to teach and preach The "Word". I have not been aware that God has instituted a retirement program. With such experience you would have no need to "break in " a younger man. If you would need a doctrinal statement you need look no further that your closest Holy Bible as I believe the "whole Council" of God. I am enclosing a sample of my teaching for your review.
In His matchless name,


Dr Dennis Callahan

No comments: