Sunday, July 16, 2006

The End Game

 

...or are you a betting man?

The final stage of a chess game after most of the pieces have been removed from the board.

Gentle Reader,

 "I was in the spirit on the the Lords day" so begins the most misunderstood book of the Bible, 'The Book of Revelation' You ever read your horoscope or pick up and call  Miss Cleo? Every body wants to know what going to happen next (I am no different)!

Now understand I would be lying to you if I were to tell you I know the future, having said that we do know a few things, I mean I know that I'm going to stop typing and take a sip of coffee and in a minute or so I will stop and go wake Duffy up (our Sun Conure) .

Here I go!  Well I'm back! Now where was I? Oh yes The Lord's Day! Here in America that means Sunday for most. A day of Rest a day when some go out a play a round of golf or rent a movie or go to grandma's house for fried chicken (finger licken good)! For a few of you it means getting the kids ready screaming at your teen "IF YOU DON'T hurry  up we're going to be late for church!" Mom's running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and dad strolls out to the car gets in and starts backing out of the driveway while yelling at mom who's still in the house rounding up the twins, looking for that lost shoe (look in the ice box mom)!

 Now dad is still backing the car up but he's added honking the horn as an added incentive to mom who's sole objective was to go to church for an hour or so (for some peace and quiet) but who has giving up that thought in favor of killing dad and telling God he died!) 

 The Lord's day (piece and quite, no Gentle you read it right) what it really means in the words of the Bible refers to the parousiva Parousia (par-oo-see'-ah);  meaning (the coming, arrival, )advent the future visible return from heaven of Jesus, to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the kingdom of God  When does this take place?  No one knows for sure but it's like the last call in an Irish pub when the proprietor  Calls out "Time gentlemen Time" 

Which means "Drink up, and go home, have you no home to go to?" 

 So Gentle Reader, when I look at the finial chapter I'm sure  that America is not there!

Quite a shock for our American friends.  They think that they'll be around for the finial showdown But quite honestly Miss Cleo, Your not there. So let me ask you a question. "What church are you staying away from? and what are your chances of getting out of this word alive?

 Well Gentle Reader, you still have time to go to church of your choice unless of course you’re a gambler. 

 Remember, Gentle Reader   today may be the first day of the rest of your life And also don't forget God has called you and me  to be a great Saint don't miss the opportunity

Dennis  "Your either in Christ and He's in you or not! 

No comments: