Monday, October 19, 2009

News and views...

 

Gentle Reader,

Well I see that you came for some fresh coffee this morning. So sorry that you didn’t get to share in the bread that we served yesterday. . Hey before I forget I was ask to conduct the church services at our new apartment building next Sunday (and I didn’t think that I would ever get to preach again!) I attended my first Bible study last Monday (Marti didn’t get to go) but I must say I was a bit disappointed (the tone was such that it was rather simple, I wanted to go a lot deeper) Well maybe that will change in time.

I want to run some things past you as I value your opinion. I read on a blog yesterday that this man was proposing that he and his readers blaspheme the Holy Spirit (trying to prove that God doesn’t exist or something like that! I never block blogs but I did this one. I feel that the bashing of Christians has hit a new low. I mean if I was Islamic I think I’d blow this man his blog and all within the same distance of ground zero to kingdom come (sorry for the religious reference, after all he is entitled to an opinion..... ) however to ridicule ones most heartfelt beliefs is at least BAD manners. Am I angry? (You don’t know me too well if you think that Gentle Reader, ) No... after I got over the shock of seeing such a attack in black and white and red (I saw red) I began to pray for this man (evidently he had an unhappy childhood, or a bad experience from a religious person (note: I did not say Christian) no real Christian would ever treat another person with such disrespect.

We have become such a nation that has utter disregard for the rights of the minority or we forgot the lessons that our mothers taught us to play nice with others. To allow others to display a lack of what my Mither use to call "bringings up"

Why is it that this nation which has "In God we trust" on its money or uses the expression "thank God" when averting a disaster. Or has a national day of prayer for our young men and women who put their life on the line for other races and nations around the world. Why is it Gentle reader, that some lack the responsible attitude to respect the belief system of others. Is this not what America was founded for? The right to be free? The right to freedom to worship as one wished? Or in this case to not worship God or anyone!

So my question to you is other that to pray for this man (He ask not be prayed for on a previous occasion) I did anyway ! Should one attack this gentleman (I use the term loosely) in the same manner as He did. (I know the answer to this already but want your input) Ah well so goes my war against the forces of evil.

More coffee?

Denis

No comments: