Friday, September 09, 2005

Eze 22:30 "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.
Gentle Reader,
As I sit and watch so many tragic stories unfolding of loss and devastation in the wake of a disaster of Biblical proportions such loss will scar our memories for the rest of a lifetime. I feel so helpless I have nothing that I can give, nothing money to contribute I can only sit and pray. Join with me in a world-wide prayer chain for those left homeless, for their courage the midst of this For their safety, for their spirit for their anger at so little so late For all of their indescribable sadness

My Father, you remind us in the Scriptures that we don’t know how to pray as we ought.

Now, in the face of such over whelming sadness and devastation, this is now truer than ever.

But you also assure us that the Your Holy Spirit makes groaning and unintelligible utterances of prayer on our behalf.

Please accept the groaning of our emotions in this time of tragedy as our prayers to you.

Accept our feelings of grief as prayers for your consolation.

Accept our tears as prayers of compassion.

Accept our feelings of helplessness as acknowledgement of our utter dependence on you.

Accept our feelings of anger and disappointment as prayers for justice, but justice as you would have it, not as we would wish it.

And, Father, receive our feelings of confusion as prayers for your peace.

We ask this in your name, The Name above every name and in whose name I serve. Amen


Praying always with all prayer
and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto
with all perseverance and
supplication for all saints."
—Ephesians 6:18
"[Ancient saints] appear to have thought a great deal more seriously of prayer than many do now-a-days. It seems to have been a mighty business with them, a long-practiced exercise, in which some of them attained great eminence, and were thereby singularly blest. They reaped great harvests in the field of prayer, and found the mercy seat to be a mine of untold treasures."
—Charles Spurgeon

No comments: