Friday, August 17, 2007

What america thinks about

CHURCH!

Sanctuary_Ext

"Most people have some sort of religion, at least they know which church they're staying away from"

Gentle Reader,

What you see is a building! Duh Not a church!!! Although most people (including many Christians) think that's what church is all about. In America, I get ask all the time "What denomination are you?" As if you can put me in the same box that you try to put God in. Well I never seem to have the right answer for some. "I'm a child of God" " What do you mean by that?" I am a Grace believer" "So where do you preach" "I am a bible teacher" "I never cared for Sunday school!" "No, no I mean I study the Bible, the history, language, customs, I have spent some 30+ years in the Study of the Word of God." "Couldn't find a real job, huh"! Sweet working only one day a week!"

 You see, gentle reader, many Americans think that church is a place to go or stay away from one day a week, or to go a couple times times a year!

 And America prides itself on that fact they have the biggest churches, largest congregations etc, etc. But you see Scripture teaches differently.

Stephen, before going down under a hail of stones said(being killed by the religious people of his day) "The Most High God dwelleth not in a temple made with hands" But of course the world hasn't heeded this at all-the Christian world. And they still go on making temples and houses for God! And why? Well, I think it's a wee bit more convenient if they can put God somewhere off in a house where He can stay alone and people can come to Him, Oh once a year at Easter or maybe more often at Christmas. But He's not wanted in the home, that's the whole thing. The social life, He isn't wanted there, or in business, He has no place there. So a building is made for Him, and it is called THE HOUSE OF GOD, and they just hope He stays there.

 How about you do you know where God lives?

Love,

Denis

church_sign_5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense, but what makes you think you understand a country of over 300 million so well that you can tar the whole thing with one brush? As an American I don't really agree or identify with much of your post. Perhaps it's more true in some regions than others but I wouldn't really even go that far. Besides isn't Europe the area with all of the giant cathedrals for God to live in and never leave to enter peoples lives.

Himself said...

Jt you are right! However having lived now some years I see things from a different perspective. That is to say it's a lack that many churches have. Love, a real spiritual hunger. They (congregations ) have been fed pablum for so long that they cannot recognize Scriptural teaching nor we see no change in the loves of "Christians" Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.