Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't go to church!

church_lady

The latest hype to get you to go to church!

Gentle reader,

I get more stuff across my email desk! This is the latest!

"Don't go to church! for the next 4 Sundays instead BE the Church!" What a bunch of stuff and nonsense The idea is over centuries old. That is go out amoung them and make adifference. But who thinks upp this stuff. So church marketing group to make money!!!   Well Isn't that what Jesus Christ said 2000+ years ago through the Apostle Paul? "And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."

Pardon me Dear Reader, but people would rather watch Paris Hilton go to jail than really BE the church . I mean of over the 100+ churches that I have been in contact with there has not been one that wanted to search the Scriptures to get to know the reality of the risen Christ. Who is at fault? I blame the leadership  (yes, Pastors too) who are trying to fill buildings, budgets and have bloated body counts. Instead of filling Christians with the Word of God.

If you see someone on fire, if you don't watch, you might want to at least help them by putting out the fire! So Christians are so lukewarm that they don't have the desire to really BE THE CHURCH. No wonder Jesus wasn't welcomed by the Religious community. I think I might in good company. What about you? 

Love, Denis

No comments: