Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Friend

A word for a day J.D. Watson book cover

"I have given them your Word"

Gentle reader,

I want you to tuck your copy of this blog under your arm and run yes, I said run ,out to the closest book store and get a copy of this book (better still get one for mothers day and one for your Pastor/bible teacher Shall I tell you why (All: in Unison) "O.K. Denis why?"  First let me tell you again for those who were getting coffee and the last of my Irish Cream muffins, when I wrote about my dear friend Dr. J. D. Watson!  "Doc" as he is called by all who know is a black belt in Tae kwon Do.  I was a third degree back in those days (now a 6th) and so when we meet for the first time it was in  a church and we were trying to gain 1000 people for some promotion (as if numbers mattered rather than quality both of which are important. I stood on a street corner and did magic when I had a crowd then I would preach. J.D. did a Karate demonstration and brought people in (that was the way we did it back years ago, before we really made use of the media). [This was not our idea but the then Pastor who shall remain nameless ]

When we discovered we shared a common interest in Karate (Tae Kwon Do-Korean style)  we got into our uniforms and spared J.D. was and is a very intense young man (I'm older but I won't say how old! And no I did not help build the Ark!) He encouraged me through my ordination and to continue my education  which I did through several university degrees. So now we like to say (or at least I do we are a paradox).

 J.D. has managed to bridge the gap between the so-called layman and the pulpit. I think I can speak for J.D. "Doc'' when I say our earnest desire is for all believers to "get to know HIM" and to do that one must learn about HIM and read the Word which are HIS WORDS. Joseph Hart  once said:

The Scriptures and the Word
Bear one tremendous name,
The Living and the Written Word
In all things are the same
.
 
Both J. D. and I hold that belief, Gentle Reader, if you want to "really" know your Saviour Christ Jesus... Than you must read HIS Word (the Bible) and I can think of no better help for you to really know HIM than to use "Doc" Watsons latest book and read like your life depends on it (because it does) learn not only the Word of God but the WORDS of God!
 Love, Denis
P.S. You can get J.D.'s book at Amazon.Com or any book store or try the Library in your home town. But My choice is to buy several and give then to your pastor or friends [ be sure to keep one  or two for yourself] for your as gifts of love from one beggar to another showing them where to find bread.
 
Bread2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

intresting. im not a christian, but i check out all sorts of books.