Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What does Bruce Lee...

have to do with this post?

"To fight with another is wrong but to lose a fight over principles you deem honorable and right is worse"

Gentle reader,

Did you enjoy Rabbi Del? I hope that you did. I ran into another dear friend through the Internet . Doctor J. D. Watson a mentor of mine when I first started in the ministry. J.D. was also a 2nd degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and we use to put on our tobok's  (uniforms) and spar (free fight- not the stuff you see on T.V.  but the real stuff that legends come from. Like the time (I told you in a previous post-look it up) when Bruce Lee and I stood toe to toe and exchanged punches (I was fast back then but in the time it took me to throw one Bruce threw three).

 Now don't ask me what the j.D. stands for as I don't know. but you can go to his web site and read for your self.  We had been talking about the word Amen

And what it means (really means) and it comes from the Hebrew The word "amen" is a most remarkable word. It was transliterated directly from the Hebrew into the Greek of the New Testament, then into Latin and into English and many other languages, so that it is practically a universal word. It has been called the best known word in human speech. The word is directly related -- in fact, almost identical -- to the Hebrew word for "believe" (amam), or faithful.Thus, it came to mean "sure" or "truly", an expression of absolute trust and confidence It is the word used of God and means if I understand correctly that it is God who is faithful not man but God and to believe God means to amen Him. In others words when you read in the Book of Ephesians in the second chapter and the 10th verse "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." It is God who is working in you and what we need to do is to believe that what he started in you he will finish! "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" Book of Philippians Chapter 2 verse 13

So what we we need to do Gentle Reader, is walk with God Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" And just believe that God will finish in you what He started., We don't need to work but walk with HIM.

 That's my message, Love,

Denis too busy for me?

"To busy for me?"- God

 

 

No comments: