Saturday, September 15, 2007

trust

In-God-We-TrustIt's true that this road I travel,

Sometimes takes me places I don't want to go...

It's true that I'm sometimes reluctant,

And really don't want others to know...



But in His Word I was reminded

That if I refuse to do His will

That not only will the poor sinner die,

But I'd be held accountable still!



The Lord called me to an awesome task,

I'm afraid, and doubt sometimes slows my way;

But that doesn't mean God changed His mind,

And so he convicts me each and every day!



It's an intense struggle that's within,

It burdens me right to my very soul;

To feel that I am outside of God's will

Desperately trying to figure out what will make me whole!



He has called me --- Or at least that's what it "seems"

But at this point, I don't really know;

So the ONLY thing I know to do

Is to try, and see if I'll be accepted to go...



Where He leads me, I will follow;

Even though my faith at best is poor;

And although it is a struggle;

I'm learning to trust him more and more!

No comments: