Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Mark your Calendar for January Genesis teaching



Gentle readers,
Beginning in January I will be teaching through the entire Bible on our wee study site http://scripturalstudies.ning.com (A study and social network an outreach of Scripture Institute) on the Christianity 101 group I would like to invite you to join with us for this perhaps last of my teaching through the Bible.
Here is a we sample to get your interest in the Word of God.

Genesis and the Entire Bible

The Bible is not the earliest revelation of God. Genesis is explanatory. The other writings of the Bible are inseparably bound up with it as it gives us the origin and initial explanation of all that follows. The bible carries our minds back to the patriarchal and primeval and even pre-Adamite eras on earth, the bible itself did not begin to be written until the time of Moses.
As a historical revelation its commencement coincides with the third Chapter of Exodus, which records . . . to be continued.

Introduction to the Genesis project

Gentle Readers,

For a long time I have desired to teach through the entire Bible, deep studies, but God had a better idea. Instead of placing me in one fellowship He allowed me to serve several fellowships and to write for many around the world. In just under 40 years. I have reached out to more than several million (that I know of) not the deep studies that I enjoy for the most part but studies just the same. Rather like pieces of a puzzle that one wants to finish before they go to bed.

Our Father has allow me to teach most of the Old Testament and the New Testament several times and all of the Pauline writings extensively over time. But there seemed to be a piece missing. Not with me so much, but with those fellowships through the world that have focused on one small part of the whole, i.e. Baptists emphasizing baptism, Methodist focus on methods. Certain groups focus on a small part of the Holy Writ to the exclusion of other parts. But what happens is that our brother and sister in the pew never get a glimpse the whole of Gods word. The big picture as it were. The one thing I would like to accomplish in this rather daunting undertaking is for you to see Christ on every page and in every verse. If we do that then perhaps the time will have been well spent.

I should say a wee bit about the method that I want to use. The Bible is such an endless book and there are so many ways to study. One may study the books of the Bible spiritually, historically, typically, topically, prophetically, dispensationally, analytically, biographically, critically, devotionally to name just a few. The method I want to use is what I would call interpretative. That is to say we shall study the books of the Bible interpretatively. We shall seek to get hold of the controlling thought, the outstanding meaning and message of each book, and then see it in relation to the other books of Scripture. Each book contains within it a “ KEY” that will provide the significance of what is written. Along the way we will stop from time to time to “smell the roses” as we examine the structure by means of analysis, its main movements in the form of a SYNOPSIS; and its special features by way of suggestion for further study.
We shall allow each book to tell us its secret and open its heart to us. Therefore our aim shall be to deal with each book or part in just such a way as will most effectively bare its special significance, and thus contribute most effectively toward a practical understanding on the message of the Bible in its entirety, toward hearing the Spirit of God as he speaks to our spirits. If you are like me then these words of the Apostle Paul will resound its clarion call. “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also” and again “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”.
If your desire is to know Him, really know Him then perhaps you will invite me to share what our heavenly Father has taught me so that I may teach you.


Denis

No comments: