Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where can I find the "real" deal?



Where is Jesus in this Place?


Gentle Reader,


I just read about the "Grand opening" of a new facility, with seating for 2000, an room behind the "stage" called "the green room" where the visiting dignitaries can "hang out" until time for them to "perform" with cushy seats in the main auditorium and a giant television screen for those in the over flow which holds over 400 and a coffee bar in the lobby (this really got me- you know how I love coffee) When I read about this new building I thought when will Madonna be coming to this grand show place with valet parking ? Where is place you might ask? Disneyland? No Gentle Reader, but right here in Anderson Indiana! It's a church ! Wow! Do you suppose the they have room for God in this place? Any wonder that when I write to a church looking for a pastor I write this way : [Note in the several 100 or more letters I sent out, So far I haven't found any church that wants a Pastor/teacher (although they say they do) Last days? maybe so (I hope so!)


Dear saints of God,


God called me to teach and to preach . To that end I have tried to be faithful in that calling. To be a pastor is different that being a "preacher" A pastor is a teacher according to the Apostle Paul his charge to Timothy was to "Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. [teaching]"


This is what I do verse by verse book by book teaching as Paul instructed in 2 Tim 2:2 " "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."


Not many churches or fellowships want Scripture taught any more they prefer to go in a "different directions" I do hope your fellowship is looking for a dedicated man who is not perfect but willing to strive to be the best one can be with God’s help and direction. I am just one beggar showing another where to find bread.


Rev. Dr. Denis Callaghan


cartoon

No comments: