Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving- It all about editing

Gentle Reader,

Yes,  thanksgiving is all about editing. Its remembering the good things and and forgetting the bad. Someday this time that we find ourselves in, just a memory! I look back at what Marti and I have been through. The walks in the "soft days" in Mallow where we stopped in at a wee tea shoppe and I tried to get a "good cup of coffee, while Marti get a excellent cup of Irish breakfast tea.

 The times in England when I stepped backed and almost fell out of the pulpit (the church wanted to hire me anyway, but I didn't decide to go there. 

 The time when I was teaching a school and talking about the 23rd psalm and couldn't remember that baby sheep are called lambs so I called them sheeplets! The kids never forgot that!!!

While in Germany, the great food and the wonderful people that made the stay there a never to be forgotten memory.

 Here in America the time Marti was down and I went out and bought her a wee bird. And then I realized that I had open the flood gates and we had a house full of wonderful colorful birds who talked and screamed and make our wee home come alive! 

 The children who I taught at "Pastors pals (those 12 and under) who came forward to sit around before the adults had their worship service. And listened to to me regale then about what "Pastor was afraid of" And to watch the dear saints of God fall on the floor laughing at some of my more silly comments.

The Time that I took the teens to a 'Christian Rock concert" and was so tired that I fell asleep in the midst.

 Yes gentle reader, well all suffer at times but thank God God gives us the ability the edit out the bad and remember the good.

We will get through the bad times for God has promised to wipe away every tear.

I wonder how he thought up this editing process (maybe its when He looks at us and sees His beloved Son)

Happy  Thanks giving from 

Denis, Marti, and the Fids (Paddy the pooch, Chi Chi the fearless Chihuahua, and Duffy sun conure  

No comments: