Thursday, July 19, 2007

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .


Gentle words work better then hard ones.


DETERMINED
"I have chosen the WAY of FAITHFULNESS and TRUTH; I have set Your judgments before me." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 30 Tanakh, Kethuvim]

As we Christ-like-ones examine our weaknesses and failures (sins) and determine to do better daily with the help of the Almighty King, it is helpful to note some statement made by the writer of Psalm 119 and determine to make these our desires as well.

We should deliberately choose the Way of Truth, by being careful and honest in all our words and relationships. "Turn my heart to Your decrees and not to love of gain." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 36 Tanakh, Kethuvim], and we should make this our prayer; since covetousness is sin which easily overwhelms and plagues us.

We should never be ashamed of the LORD GOD or His Holy Word, then we can, like the psalmist say: "I will speak of Your testimonies, and not be ashamed in the presence of kings." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 46 Tanakh, Kethuvim] Also, we need to have fellowship with all true believers who earnestly seek to keep His Life-Giving Word. "I am a companion to all who fear You, to those who keep Your precepts." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 63 Tanakh, Kethuvim] When the Holy ONE is chastising or testing us we should not complain. "I know, O LORD, that Your rulings are just; rightly have You humbled me." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 75 Tanakh, Kethuvim]

No matter what happens, we should resolve to trust Almighty GOD, just as Job did. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him." [Job (Iyob) 13. 15 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "You are my Hiding Place, my Protection and my Shield; I hope in Your Word." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 114 Tanakh, Kethuvim]

We can believe implicitly in the Word of Omnipotent GOD, for we are convinced that "GOD be true but every man a liar" and we are justified in His Word as overcomers. [Romans 3. 4] "Truly by all Your precepts I walk straight; I hate every false way." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 128 Tanakh, Kethuvim]

We can fully trust the LORD GOD and knowingly choose to believe His Holy Word for they are life. "This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your Word has preserved me." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 50 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My Word and believes in Him Who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." [John 5. 24] "Let Your hand help me, for I have chosen Your precepts." [Psalms (Tehillym) 119. 173 Tanakh, Kethuvim]

Like Paul, may we say: "I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of GOD which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [Romans 8. 38 - 39] Our Wondrous Redeemer is faithful and I am determined to follow Him. Live holy that your name will be inscribed in the Lamb's Book of Life!



Sha’alu (Pray) for the shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
May you be a witnesses of the MOST HOLY God's care, love, and presence.

No comments: