Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Understanding

Companion (BIBLE)

Heavenly Father, most Gracious and Loving God,
I pray to you that you abundantly Bless my family and me. I know that you recognize, that a family is more than just a mother, father, sister, brother, husband and wife, but all Who believe and trust in you.
I thank you in advance for your blessings. Father, deliver the person reading this right now and those who will read it in the near future from debt and debt burdens. Release your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that You have given me Father, for I know how wonderful and mighty You are and how if we just obey You and walk in Your word and have the faith of a Mustard seed that You will pour out blessings. I thank You now Lord for the recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come Because I know You are not done with me yet.

And thank you for the pictures that I can share and the witnesses who have gone before who can point the way home to you!

Is that a cannon in your pocket or are you just glad to see me" Mae West use to say Or at least words to that effect.

I watched a television program the other night and a comment was made that makes me wonder why Christians don't get along with other Christians? There are a lot of reasons , I mean if you ever had to share a room with a brother (younger or older or a sister who would quite willingly hog the toilet (you Americans say bathroom) you'd know what I am talking about.

A Protestant preacher once ask my father "Do you believe the Bible" to which my father( a convert to the Roman Catholic Church) "who you think had it for the first 300 years?" [meaning the Catholic church] Catholic by the way comes from the Greek meaning universal.

But I digress the person on the program made a statement that went like this:

"the faith of the church was not base on the Bible, the Bible was based on the faith of the Church; a church that looked annoyingly Catholic"

Sometimes a quote sounds so good but does that make it true?

If you were to believe that statement then all of us Protestants could just wrap ourselves up in the Roman Catholic Church (go to sleep and give up the Bible as they'll tell you what to believe and what the Bible teaches) Now before all of my Catholic Brethren go to the Pope and tell them I've been a bad boy. I want you to know that I am not an anti Catholic bigot

Sometimes I wish names like Catholic weren’t associated with certain churches. Since Catholic means Universal we all in a sense belong to the Universal [Catholic church] That's the one that Jesus Christ founded the one the Apostle Paul wrote about when he wrote.

" And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. ....There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

I really wanted to start as church and call it the Church of Jesus Christ of later day saints but that name was already taken!

Now then, back to this idea that "which came first the chicken or the egg?"

My Catholic brethren want to claim for themselves the soul privilege of having the word of God [you my call it the Bible, gentle Reader, if that fact that the bible just could be the Word of God (you mean to tell me the the Bible is a letter from God Denis?) B.I.B.L.E. [Basic instructions before leaving earth]

Wow did I get off the subject or what? Lets jump back on. "STUDY to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim 2:15

How are you going to study if you don't have a book? And what book did the 1st century Christians have well before the New testament was written down all we had was [fan fair please] the Hebrew writings (which we call the Old testament) Oops! I guess the dear Catholic brethren forgot about that! So can we go further back than before there was time to find the writings of the Bible

We could look as Genesis Chapter 1 where we read " Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light." And we run right smack into the "Big Bang " (some call it a theory, I call it creation!) {evolution is a theory, but if the scientific community wants to call it fact let them I mean how would it look to see 1000's of people standing on street corners holding up little signs that read "Have theory will work for food"}

Oh my where has the time gone and I haven't really got started on my subject "Have gun will travel"!

Well Gentle Reader, you just have to come back tomorrow To find out if we really have a Big Bang, or if there really is just one Bible or Is the Bible really the Word of God? Or is there a God? or will you end up being a monkeys uncle

Until that time just remember what Doc always says....

You are appreciated, you are valued, you are loved by God and me.

Dennis

No comments: